Decarbonising the real estate sector
From design to occupancy
We want to design more sustainable and responsible real estate. For us, this vision has to apply to our entire value chain and be part of each stage, from design to the end customer.
By engaging our stakeholders and raising awareness in every occupant, we can create impact.
- Certification Carbon Footprint NeutralityThrough our work with Energie Environnement, we aim to be Carbon Footprint Neutral for the whole district by 2035.
- Offset actionsLow Carbon-certified reforestation actions to offset our remaining emissions are planned in the region.
- Reducing carbon intensity per m2 constructed by 50%.By 2035, we will halve the carbon intensity of every m2 we construct over the entire district.
- 60% renewable energyOver half the Rout Lëns district’s energy requirements will be supplied by sustainable energy. Rout Lëns will be the first district in Europe to integrate geothermal energy. Photovoltaic panels will also be installed.
We strive to give priority to renewable energy, whether at Well22, an office building that uses no fossil fuels, or in future developments like ekxo and Rout Lëns.
Rout Lëns will also be one of the first districts in Europe to be developed using an energy mix that includes geothermal and photovoltaic energy.
the first Well Building Standard certified office building in Luxembourg, equipped with a BOS (Building Operating System).
- 01.Encouraging soft mobility
- 02.Fostering proximity to multimodal transport hubs
- 03.Developing car-sharing
IKO has a role to play in our country’s sustainable development. As a developer and planner, our duty is to anticipate these needs and respond to these challenges in an innovative, responsible way.
In January 2021, IKO was officially certified a Socially Responsible Corporate Citizen by the INDR (National Institute for Corporate Sustainable Development and Social Responsibility). This label acclaims exemplary environmental practices.
Thanks to our certifications, we work on continuous improvement and constantly develop our standards.
WELL Building StandardCertification regarding the comfort, well-being and overall health of occupants.
BREEAMCertification regarding the building’s environmental performance.
Carbon Footprint NeutralThis is a label that involves reducing CO2 emissions and offsetting residual emissions.
Ready To ServiceThis label defines the level of requirements for a Smart Building.